Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why is my blog called Carry?

Because He Carries me.

My Jesus has carried me through every storm, every trial, every moment of my life.

I just LOVE that definition "To hold or support while moving; bear." He always holds and supports me, bears my burdens. But he never stops moving forward. The Lord is change, life and life never stops growing and expanding, going forward. His Spirit is truely a mighty wind. But when the going forward is to hard, when I cannot face one more step he carries me. Like the footprints poem:

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Scenes from his life flashed across the skyand he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his lifethere was only one set of footprints.
Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,you'd walk with me all the way.I don't understand why, when I needed you most,you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and sufferingwhen you saw only one set of footprints...
That was when I carried you."

I look back on the times of my life before I knew Jesus, before I met him on that beach in Florida and I remember so many times of feeling so alone. But he was always there. His grace was there to carry me through. He has protected me SO MANY TIMES. Probably more than I will ever realize or know.

I just want to tremble and cry when I realize all those times. He has carried me, protected me. He has never let me stray far. My life could be an absolute disaster right now if the Lord hadnt protected me. But he did. Like I carry and protect my son with all thats within me, he does the same and He is FAR greater than I. I look and just see almost visibly His hand on my life SO many times.

I can't explain why but He has protected me so many times. It's a special hand on my life that is there, but there were times also when He just let me fall and just as in James when it says to praise Him for our trials I PRAISE Him. Those trials shaped my heart and the person I am today.

I just read a post on someone elses blog from a blogger who wanted to know how to know Jesus more. To me it's simple. Just let Him carry you. In general we are so afraid to be weak, to be innocent as a child. The world tells us to be tough and hard and protect ourselves. Loving God truely is the ultimate vulnerability. It is to forsake all our previous logic and just simply trust and open our hearts to Him. So if by chance you are reading this and you are wondering how...just remember...its as simple as opening your arms to Him and asking Him to carry you.

2 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

I enjoyed reading your post. I could say something quite similar. A psychological flaw of mine is chronic insecurity, with a touch of paranoia, and if I had not become a Christian when aged 24 I would have become a seriously troubled individual, not capable of a marriage relationship (which by God's grace I am in, for 29 years now) or anything much else. So I too have needed to be carried. My own blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like checking it out. I was going to ask, too: if you like reading Christian fiction, such as Frank Peretti's, (so do I) then may I suggest another one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is my own Christian novel. For a free preview, check out www.threeswans.com.au and see the sample chapters. I would be thrilled if you read it but whatever the case I greet you as a sister in the Lord. Blessings.

Kirsten said...

Thank you for the reminder. I needed those words so much today!

Blessings,
Kirsten
www.blooming-faith.blogspot.com